- New Connect Group Schedule: We will take a break from group meetings on the final week of each month in order to let certain teams meet. If you are not on a team that is meeting at the end of the month, you will simply have a week off!
- If you have not signed up for your free rightnow media subscription, please email me at [email protected] I’ll get you set up. In the next few weeks, we are going to begin transitioning our Connect Group Bible Studies through Right Now Media.
Technology Principle #1: Start with God
Before you read?
- What do you remember from Sunday’s Sermon?
Read the Bible
1 “Now this is the commandment—the statutes and the rules—that the Lord your God commanded me to teach you, that you may do them in the land to which you are going over, to possess it, 2 that you may fear the Lord your God, you and your son and your son's son, by keeping all his statutes and his commandments, which I command you, all the days of your life, and that your days may be long. 3 Hear therefore, O Israel, and be careful to do them, that it may go well with you, and that you may multiply greatly, as the Lord, the God of your fathers, has promised you, in a land flowing with milk and honey.
4 “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 5 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. 6 And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. 8 You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 9 You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
10 “And when the Lord your God brings you into the land that he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give you—with great and good cities that you did not build, 11 and houses full of all good things that you did not fill, and cisterns that you did not dig, and vineyards and olive trees that you did not plant—and when you eat and are full, 12 then take care lest you forget the Lord, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. 13 It is the Lord your God you shall fear. Him you shall serve and by his name you shall swear.14 You shall not go after other gods, the gods of the peoples who are around you—15 for the Lord your God in your midst is a jealous God—lest the anger of the Lordyour God be kindled against you, and he destroy you from off the face of the earth.
- What do you like/not like/find confusing about this passage?
- What does this teach us about God, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit?
- What does this teach us about People?
Apply God's Word
What is something I can take from this discussion and apply to my life?
How can I use this passage to encourage someone this week?